As we head into 2023, it's important for organizations to carefully plan their cybersecurity budgets to ensure that they have the resources needed to protect their networks, data, and people. Here are five key considerations for your 2023 cybersecurity budget:
- Invest in training and education for your staff. Your employees are the first line of defense against cyber attacks, so it's important to provide them with the training and education they need to recognize and prevent potential threats. This should include regular security awareness training, as well as more specialized training for IT staff and other key personnel. Consider investing in User Awareness Training solutions like KnowBe4 to help develop, deliver, and manage your cybersecurity training.
- Implement a robust vulnerability management program. Vulnerabilities are weaknesses in your systems that can be exploited by attackers to gain unauthorized access or cause damage. In order to protect your business against these threats, it's important to implement a robust vulnerability management program. This program helps inform your patch management process and should include regular scanning to identify vulnerabilities and prioritizing the most critical vulnerabilities for remediation. By staying on top of vulnerabilities, you can help to prevent attackers from exploiting them and causing harm to your business.
- Develop a strong incident response plan. Even with the best defenses in place, there's always a chance that your business could experience a cyber attack. That's why it's important to have a strong incident response plan in place, so you know exactly how to respond if an attack does occur. This should include steps for containing the attack, mitigating its effects, and recovering from any damage that was done.
- Conduct security assessments and full scope penetration testing. In order to effectively prioritize your cybersecurity budget and ensure that your defenses are working as intended, it's important to regularly conduct security assessments and testing. This will help you identify any risks in your security posture, and take steps to address them before they can be exploited by attackers. These tests and assessments should be performed by qualified security professionals, who can provide expert guidance and recommendations for improving your security posture.
- Work with a managed security service provider. If your business doesn't have the in-house expertise or resources to effectively manage your cybersecurity efforts, consider working with a managed security service provider. These companies can provide expert guidance and support, helping you to maintain a strong security posture and protect your business from potential threats.
Investing in cybersecurity is essential for any business in today's digital landscape. By considering these key factors and allocating your budget accordingly, you can help to ensure that your business is well-protected against potential cyber threats in the year ahead.
For over 25 years, NetWorks Group has been on a mission to deliver security solutions that matter. NetWorks Group has solutions to help address all of your cybersecurity needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the “Let’s Talk” button on our homepage and schedule time to speak with one of our security experts.
Published By: Michael Cross, VP of Operations, NetWorks Group
Publish Date: December 14, 2022