NetWorks Group is looking to add a Senior SOC Analyst to our growing Managed Security Services Team. To meet the needs of our current and prospective customers, we are creating new products and services related to Security Operations and are seeking an experienced Analyst to help build and deliver these services. The successful candidate will possess an unmatched passion for customer success, a drive to get to the root of threats, a desire to build security solutions that matter for our customers. While this position will start as a senior individual contributor, our ideal candidate will have the desire to help build and lead the SOC team over the next 1-2 years.
- Work closely with our customers in the identification, mitigation, and remediation of cyber security threats against their environment through various input tools and systems
- Conduct analysis, forensics, log analysis, and triage in support of incident response
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes
- Lead Incident Response activities and develop IR playbooks
- Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents
- Effectively investigative and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership
- Author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation as needed
- Work with NWG leadership to develop and implement new SOC products and services
- Collaborate with the Ethical Hacking (EH) team in Purple Team engagements
- Participate in the Engineering Team on-call rotation
What You Need to be Successful in this Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience as a SOC Analyst, Incident Responder, or similar role
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols
- Knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Detection and Response systems
- Knowledge of packet, log, and forensic analysis
- Knowledge of penetration tactics and procedures
- Willingness to work non-standard hours as needed to perform critical job functions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take complex technical information and deliver to non-technical audiences
- Collaborative by default, driven by curiosity, with strong problem solving skills and the desire to work other high-achievers
You’re an Even Better Match If You Possess
- Cyber Security certifications including (but not limited to): CISSP, GIAC (GCIH, GCIA, GDSA, etc), OSCP
- Previous experience working in a similar role for a Managed Services Provider (MSP) or Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP)
- Previous experience as a team leader, preferably leading Cyber Security or IT talent
Why NetWorks Group?
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, NWG has been delivering security solutions that matter for our customers for over 24 years. We combine world-class technology solutions with experts in offensive and defensive cyber security to provide practical solutions that drive business value. We believe that our people are the differentiator in the services we offer our customers which is why we are motivated to see you be successful.
We’re a stable, profitable, and growing company that promises each of our employees the following:
- A safe and diverse workplace free from discrimination and harassment of any kind
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development
- Challenging work that allows you to make a difference
- 90% remote work - work from anywhere in the United States (some travel for corporate gatherings or on-site client work may be required)
Our compensation and benefits program is designed to recruit and retain top talent. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Unlimited PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement program with company match
- And much more!
Send your resume to email@example.com along with a brief introductory email. We'd love to hear in your own words why you're interested in this position and why you think you'd be an ideal candidate.