To meet the needs of our current and prospective customers, NetWorks Group is looking to add a Security Engineer to our growing Managed Security Services (MSS) Team. In this role, the Security Engineer will operate and maintain IT infrastructure and security services either on behalf of our customers or in conjunction with their internal team. The successful candidate will possess an unmatched passion for customer success, deep technical capabilities, and desire to manage and operate security solutions that matter for our customers. This position will report to the Director of Engineering as an individual contributor.
- Work directly with customers in the design, implementation, and operation of security solutions within their environment
- Provide technical support services for MSS customers
- Perform recurring operational tasks related to the support, maintenance, and usage of customer security systems
- Responsible for managing customer support tickets and change requests
- Act as a peer reviewer for other SE’s change requests in the change management process
- Interact with customer key points of contact in support of their security needs
- Document and perform root cause analysis when issues arise with customer security systems
- Participate in the Engineering Team on-call rotation
What You Need to be Successful in this Role
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Network or Security Engineer
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure components such as firewalls, switches, VPN devices, etc
- Willingness to work non-standard hours as needed to perform critical job functions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take complex technical information and deliver to non-technical audiences
- Collaborative by default, driven by curiosity, with strong problem solving skills and the desire to work with other high-achievers
You’re an Even Better Match If You Possess
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent related work experience
- Experience managing devices in one or more of the product lines: Palo Alto, FortiNet, Cisco, Juniper
- Experience deploying or operating EDR or NextGen AV solutions such as Cylance, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, etc
- Experience deploying or operating vulnerability management systems such as Nessus, OpenVAS, Rapid7, etc
- Experience delivering security solutions to customers as part of an MSP or MSSP
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks such as NIST, PCI, HIPAA, etc
- Hold one or more of the following certifications: Network+, CCNA, etc
Why NetWorks Group?
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, NWG has been delivering security solutions that matter for our customers for over 24 years. We combine world-class technology solutions with experts in offensive and defensive cyber security to provide practical solutions that drive business value. We believe that our people are the differentiator in the services we offer our customers which is why we are motivated to see you be successful.
We’re a stable, profitable, and growing company that promises each of our employees the following:
- A safe and diverse workplace free from discrimination and harassment of any kind
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development
- Challenging work that allows you to make a difference
- 90% remote work - work from anywhere in the United States (some travel for corporate gatherings or on-site client work may be required)
Our compensation and benefits program is designed to recruit and retain top talent. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Unlimited PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement program with company match
- And much more!
Send your resume to email@example.com along with a brief introductory email. We'd love to hear in your own words why you're interested in this position and why you think you'd be an ideal candidate.