To meet the needs of our current and prospective customers, NetWorks Group is looking to add an Associate SOC Analyst to our growing Managed Security Services (MSS) Team. In this role, the Associate SOC Analyst will operate various detection and response tools deployed in our customer’s environments as part of managed security services we provide. The successful candidate will possess an unmatched passion for customer success, deep technical capabilities, and desire to manage and operate security solutions that matter for our customers.
- Work directly with customers in the operation of EDR, Vulnerability Management, SIEM, and Network Discovery and Monitoring tools deployed in their environment
- Perform recurring operational tasks related to the support, maintenance, and usage of customer security systems
- Perform intake and initial triage of customer support tickets and change requests
- Interact with customer key points of contact in support of their security needs
- Document and perform root cause analysis when issues arise with customer security systems
- Provide technology support to internal NWG staff
- Participate in the Engineering Team on-call rotation
What You Need to be Successful in this Role
- Authorized to work and located within the United States
- 1-3 years experience in cybersecurity and/or IT (or equivalent education)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of fundamental security and network concepts
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Willingness to work non-standard hours as needed to perform critical job functions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take complex technical information and deliver to non-technical audiences
- Collaborative by default, driven by curiosity, with strong problem solving skills and the desire to work with other high-achievers
You’re an Even Better Match If You Possess
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent related work experience
- Experience deploying or operating EDR or NextGen AV solutions such as CrowdStrike, SentinelOne, Cylance, etc.
- Experience deploying or operating vulnerability management systems such as Nessus, OpenVAS, Rapid7, etc
- Experience delivering security solutions to customers as part of an MSP or MSSP
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks such as NIST, PCI, HIPAA, etc
- Hold one or more of the following certifications: Network+, CCNA, etc
Why NetWorks Group?
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, NWG has been delivering security solutions that matter for our customers for over 24 years. We combine world-class technology solutions with experts in offensive and defensive cyber security to provide practical solutions that drive business value. We believe that our people are the differentiator in the services we offer our customers which is why we are motivated to see you be successful.
We’re a stable, profitable, and growing company that promises each of our employees the following:
- A safe and diverse workplace free from discrimination and harassment of any kind
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development
- Challenging work that allows you to make a difference
- 90% remote work - work from anywhere in the United States (some travel for corporate gatherings or on-site client work may be required)
Our compensation and benefits program is designed to recruit and retain top talent. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Unlimited PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement program with company match
- And much more!
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief introductory email. We'd love to hear in your own words why you're interested in this position and why you think you'd be an ideal candidate.
No C2C, referrals or sponsorship opportunities available. Candidate must be a citizen of and permanently reside in the United States.